Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Meet Photographer Kim Bova

I have always been drawn to nature, people, music and art. Music and photography have always been passions of mine since I was very young. My father, a professional musician and nature photographer, inspired me to explore my creativity in both art forms.

I felt my heart pulled between music and art, but was compelled when choosing a career to pursue music. The piano led me on an incredible journey that earned me a Masters in Piano from the Eastman School of Music. The camera was always by my side throughout all those years of study, performing and teaching. After the birth of my second child, I began to reexamine how I expressed my creativity. As I was photographing my children and everyone else in my life, my passion for photography was rekindled. As a result, I decided to reinvent myself. As I immersed myself in this art, opportunities came my way to shoot weddings, portraits and headshots. I decided that photographing people and their lives was what I loved doing most! I enrolled myself in the photography program at University of Connecticut and made the transition from concert pianist to professional photographer. I love what I do and have never looked back.

http://www.kimbova.com

No comments: